I just received a brand new release from Blockheads Paper Arts called "Proud as a Peacock."
I made three cards with it this morning, and will show you the others this week. This set brought out my desire to use iridescent glitter. :-)
Just Us Girls challenge this week is Faux Embossing. It's so cool, and so easy! You die cut or punch out shapes, and add them to your card so it looks as though it's been embossed. I used a Scallop Square punch.
And this is entered also at CAS-ual Fridays. The challenge is to use a sentiment as the focal point.
Directions to make this card:
- Make card base.
- Cut a smaller panel of the same cardstock (5" x 3.25"); adhere to base with foam dimensional stickers.
- Punch scalloped squares from scraps and adhere to panel.
- Apply adhesive using glue pen to thee squares, then glitter.
- Die cut label with Big Shot and stamp sentiment; affix gems.
- When glittered squares are dry, adhere sentiment panel to card using foam dimensional stickers.
I decorated the inside of the card too:
If you have any questions on anything about this card or any others I make, don't hesitate to contact me! My email address is on the right sidebar of this blog, near the top.
Thanks for joining me today! I'll see you soon with another peacock-inspired card. :-)
Stamps: Proud as a Peacock set - Blockheads Paper Arts
Paper: Pacific Point, Whisper White - SU
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black - Tsukineko
Other: Scalloped Square punch - SU; iridescent glitter; blue gems - Queen & Co.; glue pen; Big Shot; Fancy Tags Two die - Spellbinders
Dimensions: 4.25" x 5.5"